Saturday, June 11, 2011

Start to Finish

Yesterday and today has been a whirlwind! Lizz assigned me a client, Ashley and Frank, to work with from start to finish. Lizz matches her interns with a specific client based on personality, and she did a great job! Ashley and Frank are so kind and easygoing, perfect to plan a wedding with! I am so exctied to attend this wedding next May, and it's going to be gorgeous! It was a great day to be one on one with the client, to see how Lizz works her magic. Ashley and Frank's wedding is in May 2012, but we basically planned an entire wedding in two days! It is important to get as many vendor meetings in as possible when the client is in town so that they do not have to make sooo many trips to Charleston. Yesterday we started at the William Aiken House, where their ceremony and reception will be. It is most important to go to the venue first to get the loyout down so when we go to the florist and the photographers we can tell them the overall image of the wedding. After William Aiken, we went over to visit Anne, friend of Southern Protocol, at stems. Here, the layout was critical because that determines what type of flowers and arrangements you need where. It amazes me how we walked in with a bare layout, and left with a highly decorated and themed layout...think european/southern garden theme! Everything really comes together at the florist. After stems, it was off to lunch to grab a salad at Five Loaves...delicious! Another must for Charleston visitors! After lunch we met with Scotti, Southern Protocol's preferred graphic designer, to get an idea for custom save the dates, invites, and details information. One more thing checked off the list! And the final stop for friday was Jennifer Bearden Photography (posted a link yesterday!) Ashley and Frank were worn out, but they made so many great decisions and accomplished so much! Today we met with one last photographer, Paige Winn (also posted a link last time!), and they have a tough choice for photographers because they are both amazing! Now my job is to type up a recap of all the meetings for Ashley and Frank, so they can begin to make some decisions. We will also work on their budget next week, which will be an awesome learning process! Ashley and Frank will move on to tastings next time they are in town, and I HOPE I will get to attend those meetings!

One thing I already appreciate so much is living with a family this summer! It is so nice to come home to a place with people there, instead of an empty apartment or something. The  kids and I play every night after dinner and we always have a blast...currently hide and seek is a favorite, but friends, we are running out of good hiding spots, so I am not too sure how much longer we can keep going! Also my new favortie thing...Whole Foods! I could spend hours (and waaaaaay too much money!) in there. Cherrydale needs to get a Whole Foods asap!

Tomorrow is an exciting day...church in the am and then my parents are coming into town. We are eating at Peninsula Grill, and I am expecting it to be amazing! at least my mother says it is:) and I need to do better about pictures...I will try to get some more up!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sending me the link to your blog. I just read your first three posts, and it all sounds very interesting. I'm so glad you are getting to have this experience!

    ReplyDelete