Friday, June 10, 2011

The Office

Today was another day at the office! Taylor and I went to Bagel Nation this morning before we headed out, and it was delicious! At the office we knocked so much out for 3 weddings coming up. Lizz was working on a wedding for July 9 (a preppy garden party theme). Taylor worked on an August 27 wedding, and I worked on the itinerary for my clients coming into town on Friday and Saturday. I am so excited to work with this coupld because I will oversee their wedding from start to finish, and hopefully I can attend next May! It is such an honor and privilege to have Lizz trust me with so much already....it's so exciting and flattering! Another great thing about this internship is how much guidance Lizz gives us. She is the perfect mentor and teacher, and each day in the office you leave feeling a bit brain fried! All the information she shares with us is so valuable, regardless if it is a big tidbit or a small tidbit!

In the office today we talked a lot about photographers, so here are a few links to Southern Protocol's Favorite weddings of the past 6 or so months Jennifer Bearden Paige Winn Marnee Rothschild Brandy J...pretty awesome stuff! Not only check out these photography blogs, but also look at the Southern Protocol Blog, where I will begin posting as well soon! We will post about weddings, fashion, etiquitte, and recipes, so if you ever see anything with charming southern flair, pass it along to me!

Today was a great day with the kids that I live with! I painted Cole's (the little girl with all the brothers!) fingernails and toenails purple and pink and she could not have been more excited! She was so proud of her beautiful girly nails! After supper we played an ultimate round of pokemon cards (yes I said pokemon cards, and Matt, I guess I should have played this with you?! I didn't really realize it was a card game lol) and then the most epic 45 minutes of hide and go seek that anyone ever experienced! We had so much fun even though everyone always hid together and continually in the same spots. Towards the end I tried to make it my goal to scare the seeker before he or she could make it to the hiders, which produced much screaming and laughter. Now for the best part of my day (sarcasm:)). I attempted to fix a leaking sink in my room and ladies and gentlemen I failed miserably. I got soaking wet and now I have a sink that does not work at all. Go figure trying to fix something you don't know anything about.

Wish me luck with my clients tomorrow! I will report on what's accomplished afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment