Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9-5

Ok well I have not been working 9-5 lol, but I have been working a lot recently which is why I have not posted in a few days! sorry about that!

I went to church Sunday with Dena, Bryan and the kids at East Cooper Baptist, and it was good! I think I will try Seacoast this week just to see how it is, and I am planning on getting my nerves up to go to Seacoast's college group on Thursday night, so we will see how that goes...I can at least practice my mingling I suppose!

Sunday afternoon we all went to the beach, and that was so much fun! I went with intentions of reading my new book, but of course playing in the ocean and building sand castles would be more exciting! Honestly I love all the kids I live with, and I have to say I have missed seeing them in the past couple of days (I will tell you why I have missed them in a min:)). Check out our sand castle below, and you can see some of the kids in the pictures!



In my last post I was telling you my parents were coming into town and we were going to eat at the Peninsula Grill downtown, and I have to say it was amazing! I had a goat cheese fritter, some amazing bread, and a great chicken breast with a salad and sweet potato beignets! Yuuuuummmmm!!!! For dessert we had the Peninsula Grill specialty, the coconut cake! Guys this cake was a 10 layer cake! so impressive and soooooooooo yummy (and once again, for a girl who loves chocolate, that says a lot)! This cake is apparently nationally known and they ship them all over the country. Wouldn't you want to just stuff your face with this????


My parents were here because my mom was having her second reconstruction surgery at the hospital in downtown Charleston. She did magnificent in her surgery, and is recovering well. Thank goodness she is not as in much pain as last time, but she moves slow. My mother is the strongest woman I know, and I am so proud and inspired by her actions to prevent cancer in the future. GO GET A MAMMOGRAM if you have not in the past year (and are at the age to do so) or perfom a self exam. If you have a family history, get the genetic testing...take action! So I have been hanging out with mom and dad a lot in the past 2 days, which is why I have not seen the kids!

Work has been incredibly busy. This coming Saturday we have a huge wedding on Saturday at Legare-Waring, and we are going to start concturcting things for the wedding on Thursday this week! Wow! We are worried about the weather for this wedding; forecasters are talking about 100 degrees or hotter this weekend and maybe even some rain, which for an outdoor event can be very stressful! I guess I will learn how to handle an immediate setup change if it does rain! Lots of other exciting things have been happening at the office this week. We have redecorated and we are working on our portfolio, going through photos, etc. I have really enjoyed looking at all of the weddings Lizz and Sara have done in the past...its like a huge weddings magazine! Another fun part of the office is that we have ALL been working together, so of course it has been a blast, laughing and talking about Kate Spade on Gilt and the bachelorette (btw ashley, GET OVER BENTLEY!!!! Blake from G-vegas is so much better!). Everyone inthe office took me back the best first job anyone could have...working at Christy's Gifts & More in Laurens! Gosh we always had a blast when we were all running around crazy at Christmas. (PS--Christy, you prepared me for so much in life...Lizz talks about how important presentation is, and I just think to myself how you were the first to really teach me that by wrapping gifts!!!!) Anyhow, in amongst our side converstations we are rapidly returning emails, each of us working on about 3 weddings at once; this makes you crazy, if you didn't guess it would. I am going to go ahead and apologize to everyone...I am probably going to come back to greenville very ADD! Today I worked on finalizng some contracts for one of my clients, while designing some portfolio work to put on a canvas for the office (see below this fun pink wedding!).

Alright, that's about it! Oh if you want a great chicken salad recipe that does not have mayonaise, check out the southern protocol blog for today's post of the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Great job MS! Glad you are happy and doing well!

    ReplyDelete