Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Days of a Wedding Planner

Hello! I apologize for not posting in a week, but I have been so busy it seems!

The last few days of last week were spent doing typical emailing and client contacting that I have been doing a lot recently. I currently have 4 existing clients of Lizz's that I am working closely beside her on. Yes it is a lot ot juggle, but can you imagine working on about 10-15 of those at once? That's what Lizz and Sara do on a daily basis, and Lizz is teaching us how to handle that volume by teaching us when to worry about what. I still love working in the office so much...there is something about us just all sitting together, cracking jokes, and emailing and watching Hoda and Kathilee that is so fun! When I leave I am a bit exhausted from the pace we get work done, but I go home, take a few hours off, and then I do some more emailing:)

My mom got to go home a day early...which is amazing, and she is home recovering now. Thank you so much for your prayers! It was so good to be able to see her and my dad while they were here, and I am looking forward to seeing them next week!

Thursday last week, my friend Lucy and I went to the college 20s gathering at Seacoast Church. It was so good to see Lucy, who is also trying to enter the wedding industry in Charleston, and we chatted about all our ridiculous amounts of wedding industry knowledge. We both liked the environment of the Seacoast group, so much so that we went to church at Seacoast on Sunday. Turns out we both liked it. I will probably continue to go there the rest of the summer because it had a lot of things that were similar to Grace, that I go to in Greenville. I am going back to the college group on Thursday, but I will be by myself because Lucy is going to a wedding, and that's a little nerve-racking but it will be good for me!

Firday was a big day in the Southern Protocol World...it was a crazy day...the craziest day I have seen from Lizz so far. it was good for me to see that because its like that a lot and you have to know how to handle it. In the morning we met with Emily, a bride for March 2012, and she was so great to hang out with while we visited the William Aiken House and Scotti Cline Designs for invitations to mark those 2 thigns off the list. Emily is a great bride because she trusts Lizz to make things happen and to help her pick out colors, designs, etc.. It's always good to get a bride that is willing to be flexible in her vision. Friday Lizz and I got to spend some quality time in the car as we went to a warehouse to buy some new lounge furniture for some weddings. The warehouse was filled with beautiful things...some of which I would have loved to have in my house! After shopping for furniture, I went to buy some frames for our 'wall of fame' in the office that has all of our wedding work on it. I also made photo collages like crazy for the office wall in the past week too!

Then on to Saturday...after over-sleeping, and forgetting my cell phone the day was good. There was a threat of rain, but that eventually passed to provide for the hottest stickiest day so far in Charleston. The wedding was at the Legare Waring House again, and this was one of our smaller budget weddings, but you would never be able to tell. We arrived to the house by 9am to drape the tent--we hung navy blue fabric to cover all of the poles, and there was bulb lighting in the tent, and a piece of navy blue fabric down the middle. Lizz explained to us that it is more important to make sure the wedding design and set-up will photograph well rather than look the best in person...kind of crazy to think that is your goal. You want to exceed your bride's expectations on the day of...but you want the photos to be AMAZING because that will be what you will take with you in your portfolio...benefits the planner and the photographer. All the interns were at this wedding set-up, and John (Lizz's husband), the number one Intern as Lizz calls him, helped us do the drape. This was proof to me that whoever wedding planners end up being with long term must be willing to help do things, like hang drape and tear down. My father would be a good wedding planner husband...so innovative and handy and willing to climb a tall ladder. Any way...the wedding was gorgeous. hte colors were navy, pink and green...once again very preppy! and the coolest part of this wedding was the huge floral centerpiece! It was beautiful! This was the first wedding that I was a part of that the ceremony was on site and lizz directed it. It definitely added more stress to the day. I was excited to finally see that happen, and see the precision and timing required to execute the most critical part of the day. I also loved the sofas beside the fountain...such a cute touch! The Cake for this wedding was also very preppy. I loved the white details that blended in with the cake (see the little bees in one photo). Another very exciting detail was the gelato booth set up at the end of the night for guests...I did have to scoop the gelato however, and I think I gained some muscle! Check out these photos from the wedding.


















Tomorrow I am going to post about a wedding from May that was over the top in details...you'll see what I mean with the photos! I'm off to work now...got lots of emails to do:)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing stuff! Now just where does Liz keep all this furniture she buys?! A beautiful cake, I agree.

    ReplyDelete