Friday, July 1, 2011

Can't Believe It...

I can't believe that I just stayed up this during the summer to work on a design project! Yes, I said working!  This immediately took me back to the night in Ad Design, remember MC?, that we stayed up until 4:30 making a booklet to show our professor the next day? and how we printed and cut, and MC would not let me leave until it was perfect...well I feel like I just did that except the summer version. I was working on some design stuff for Lizz for a client, and of course the thing that never fails to slow you down, printing, is why I am up this late.

More than likely this post will have more misspelled words and terrible grammar than my other posts, but I was dying to link you guys to 2 of Sara's weddings from the spring that were featured on blogs yesterday. Both are fabulous wedding blogs, and it was quite and honor for Sara to be featured. The first is also another adorable, backyard, small seated dinner type event, similar to the wedding Sara did this past weekend. Find it here and here on Southern Weddings Magazine's Blog.

Then check out Megan and Owen's shin dig over at Legare-Waring here on the Wedding Row. Ok now I don't know if you remember, but this was the first wedding I took photos of, and you can revisit my first or second post to see what a DRAMATIC difference a good photographer makes!

It's been a fun week in the Garner household. I am apparently a very hot commodity among the kids these days...at least some one is fighting over me lol...so it has been a challenge to spend time equally with each of them. I introduced them to my computer this week, and the younger kids are absolutely fascinated by my pictures! They know practically all of my friends now, and all of my pets:) We have returned to our ways of hide and seek in the evenings, and Cooper even came up with a new spot to hide that threw everyone for a loop. Cole asked for her fingernails to be painted 7 different shades of pink and purple...so it wasn't exactly even, but she rocked the look, that's for sure. We had some delicious homemade vanilla ice cream tonight, which I of course added my blackberry cobbler too, and then had to lie to say it was a dessert only for grown ups:)

Today I took the opportunity to visit consignment shops in the area, and I found some I will definitely visit again. I got some bargain deals, like a winter wedding uniform, shoes included, all for less than...wait for it...$15. And might I add the dress is brand new:) I have learned it pays to wait! And despite the fact I have stayed up this late, I am planning to get up early to go to my favorite place, Wildflour, for a muffin and some quality work time before work. For me, I have really enjoyed commuting to work and then I always love getting up early enough to stop in somewhere in a coffee house like environment...its kind of like my oasis:) Then its off to a VERY BUSY wedding weekend...don't worry I will take pics!

2 comments:

  1. You are becoming quite the bargain hunter! Like mom, like daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting picture links! So fun!

    ReplyDelete